Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Break Project #3

Today's project has been a learning process. Yes, it's another knitted project. I completed it, but don't know if I'll send it to the intended recipient. I'm not 100% happy with the finished result.

It's a hat knitted in the round called Skater Baby. The pattern is written by Emily Vanek @ Coffeebra. It's a well written pattern, I just think I did a poor job executing it. It's suppose to have a slight brim to it - by adding a cardboard insert. I did this, however it doesn't appear large enough. To me, you can hardly tell it's there.

Then I made a mistake; this is where the learning process comes in. I decided that when adding the cream stripes I would carry the yarn across. This is something I've never done before, so I ended up winging it. At first glance it's not a huge deal, except I must have kept the tension too tight because there isn't enough "give" to the hat any more.

When and if I make another I will A) make the brim wider/larger and B) jog the 2nd color up the seam instead of carrying it across.

In the end I'm glad I did it. It's not perfect, but I learned from it. Now I know what to expect the next time and quite possibly will make two: one for baby and one for papa - especially knowing that I can complete this project in a day.

Happy Spring!
~Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for coming over and saying hi! Your blog is so cute. I think you hat turned out wonderful! I am excited to get to know you better!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea -
    I have tagged you for a really fun game over at my place!

    XXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails