Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Chicken Marsala is a Hit!


This evening my family and I had a recipe taken from one of my Weight Watchers cookbooks: Make It In Minutes. I've made it in the past. However, the last time I made it it wasn't great. I don't know what I was missing. I can tell you that until this evening, I've lacked the confidence to try it again.


Chicken Marsala is one of my hubby, Troy's, all time favorites. If it's on a menu at a restaurant - he'll try it. In fact, on our 5th anniversary last month that is what he ordered when we went to the Rock City Grill. He was highly disappointed that time around. Well, Troy has not been feeling well the last few days, so as a get well gesture I decided to muster up some courage and try this dish again.


This time it turned out great! The chicken was seasoned nicely. The mushrooms sauted to perfection. The sauce thickened as instructed, unlike last time when it became a paste-like, mess. It was yummy! Tyler, my dear son, even enjoyed the mushrooms!


For the few of you that venture to my blog, I'd like to share the recipe:

Chicken Marsala

  • 2 tsp Olive Oil
  • 4 - 4 oz thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
  • 2 C sliced mushrooms
  • 2 tsp all purpose four
  • 1/4 C dry Marsala wine
  • 1/4 C reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 Tbl chopped fresh parsley
  1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Sprinkly the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and saute until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the check to a platter and cover to keep warm.
  2. Add the mushrooms to the skillet; saute until browned, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle the mushrooms with the flour, stirring to blend. Add the wine and broth; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionaly, until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes longer. Stir in the parsley. Spoon the mushroom mixture over the check.

Per Serving (makes 4 servings):

* 4 WW pts * 164 calories * 4 g total fat * 0 g dietary fiber *

If you are in the market for a good cookbook I highly suggest this one. The other recipes my family has enjoyed are: Polynesian Pineapple Chicken & Turkey Rolls Cordon Bleu.

Happy dining,

1 comment:

  1. That sounds wonderful. I have some chicken and will try it. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Robin@heartofwisdom.com
    http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails