Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Good-bye Diego...

...hello, Tranformers!

Our little man is growing up SO fast. It seems like just days ago everything was about Go Diego Go! Now, all our little man can think of are Transformers.

In fact, I've been going through our house looking for items for an upcoming yard sale (I'm up to 6 garbages worth and 3 boxes). While sitting at dinner last night Tyler asked, "what is a yard sale?" We explained that from time to time people have yard sales to sell their items that they no longer need to purge, declutter and possibly make money to buy something they really want. By the end of the discussion he had volunteered to sell all of his Go Diego Go toys in order to purchase new Transformers.


He's no longer a baby or even a toddler. He is now a genuine "Big Boy". I can no longer shop the in the toddler department when shopping for clothes for him. He's constantly on the hunt for things that are "cool". He takes showers instead of baths. He plays video games with great knowledge of everything. He rides a two-wheel bike. The list goes on and on.


Oh, how I cherish the moments he still lets me craddle him and kiss on him. Those moments don't happen often, but when they do....it's like heaven.

Tyler, babe, I love you with all my heart. Don't grow up too fast, okay?

1 comment:

  1. Andrea, friend, I understand what you mean. After cutting Caleb's hair, I nearly cried at how grown up he looks! The big suprise though, was how sad DH seemed when he came home and saw that I had cut it. "He looks different. Like he's two. I don't like that he looks so grown up." Maybe that's why he didn't want to help me cut his hair all this time.

    I love you friend. We'll always have memories of our babies when they were infants. Cherish those memories in your heart forever. Hold them close and don't let go. We may have to watch them grow up, but we don't have to forget that they were once small and completely dependent on us to suppy their every need.

    Love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails