Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 9: Something To Come Home To

Good morning!

This morning, I'd like to ask you - what is your husband coming home to? Is it a hot-mess, chaotic, and generally unpleasant? Or...is it a sanctuary, pleasing, and comforting?

Are you thinking, "Andrea, coming home to me and the kids should be enough!" Well, sure. Family is a great thing to come home to, but as wives and mothers we are capable of so much more. Here, let me tell you what my husband has had the pleasure of coming home to lately...

I've been the picture of perfection in the same pajamas I've been in for the last couple of days. Yes, admittedly, I've been in my pajamas for multiple days. My hair glistening from not being washed. The kids in their underwear. The dishes in the sink. Dinner not even thought of. Laundry needing folded. And, and, and....you get the point.

Our husbands work hard and they deserve to come home to a place of peace. Let's be honest, though, peace looks and feels different to each person. So, you are going to have to be creative and really look into the inner working of your husband. What is it that would make your husband give a large *sigh of relief*?

Here are some ideas to get you started:
* Make sure the room he walks into first when he comes home is picked up and in order.
* Have dinner on the table if you know what time he's going to be home.
* Have the children dressed.
* Have yourself dressed.
* Have your hair and make-up done.
* Have his favorite music softly playing in the background.
* Have a cup of coffee or (insert favorite drink here) ready.

The goal here is to make him feel thankful for being away from work and the in the comfort of home. One small baby step at a time ladies. Don't try and tackle your whole list today - prioritize and do what you know will bring him the most peace. If you don't know - ask him. "Honey, what things would you love to come home to?" Ask his top 3 and work on those first. Once those become easy it will be a cinch to add more.

Alright, time for me to go pick up the living room, start dinner in the crock-pot, and get the kids and I dressed for the day!

Love,
Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Super post as usual! I haven't been good about picking up the living room and dining room before Scott comes home lately. I am going to do this today!

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails