Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 13: Unplugged

Do you find yourself distracted? I know I do.

Computer.
Blog.
Facebook.
Websites.
TV.
DVR.
Cell Phone.

Those are only a few of my daily distractions. What are yours? We're talking about the things here (that generally plug-in) that distract you from participating in the life that is standing right in front of you. Is you breathing starting to increase anticipating what is going to be asked of you?

Slow down. Breath. We will get through this challenge together.

Unplug. For 24 hours. Invest time in the life you are in. Online will always be there. Offline won't.

I'm following along with Kimba at A Soft Place to Land. 03-27-09 is being declared as a day to unplug. See? You're not being asked to this today - regain your breath. This is a week from now. You have time to prepare.

By unplugging, you are simply eliminating your distractions. It's a change to practice everything we've been working on for a full 24 hours. It's a chance to love on your husband 100%; with all that you have. It's a chance to do those things with your family "if you only had more time." Make time. Unplug.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...completely unplugged, huh? That means no Company Girl Coffee! Oh well, I guess I can do it on Saturday instead. :) Can I at least check the small thing?

    Funny how we don't realize how much time in our day can be wasted on distractions...until we take those distractions away!

    Should be fun! I'm up for the challenge.

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails