Friday, May 15, 2009

Life vs. Good Intentions

Have you ever gotten started on something (a good intention) and then have life totally jump in the way of completing that though, idea, intention? 

I'm sure you've (well, you few faithful followers) noticed that I started my Spring Cleaning out with a bang! It felt great. I was getting things done. My home was beginning to sparkle. 

Then life started trickling in. I was scheduled more hours at work unexpectedly. Our youngest has been having sleep issues; leading yours truly to sleep deprivation. Ballet class started. On and on the list goes. 

Some would look at these as excuses. I see them as challanges. While I haven't been able to stay on track with the "cleaning party" mentioned in previous posts, I have been able to get in little things here and there. 

Yesterday for example, I had just come off a very hard day at work the day before and had been up that night with our daughter multiple times. I was exhausted. Add into that a visit to friend's house for dinner. Where do you fit in a massive cleaning?

Here's my little secret: it's in the little things. Okay, so maybe that isn't such a secret, but it helped put things in the perspective for me. 

Last night once I was settled into comfy clothes, ready to unwind, and take in a season finale of my favorite show I realized I was sitting in a mess. Our rec-room was exactly that - a wreck! So, during commercials and slow points of the show I started gather all the miss placed objects (read: toys) and securing all the garbage in it's proper place (a bag - novel idea). By the time the show was over - I had a clean, (mostly) orderly room. The difference? Now it's only in need of a vacuum and dusting; not a complete overhaul. 

Little things (steps) go a long way in keeping a family of four going. 

How are things going for all of you cleaning up your homes for the Spring? 

Cheers, 
Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Great job Andrea! Kuddos! :)
    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay. Life is crazy. Your cleaning will get done eventually, right? I haven't even tried to get my Spring cleaning started. Oh well, maybe once school is out I can get things organized around here!

    XOXO
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh I am with you sister. I did great on cleaning the upstairs with my hubby recently and then I was in charge of doing the downstairs and never quite made it happen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails