Monday, May 4, 2009

Plates, Cups, Bowls - Oh my!

What kind of dishes do you have? 

When my husband and I got married we registered for a set of dishes that were very hip and modern. They were black with black and charcoal colored squares adorning the edges. The dinner plates were huge and surprisingly deep for a plate.

The thing is, we quickly became a family with different need. Juggling a home, kids, jobs, etc. Urban chic dishes became a thing of the past. We then welcomed cheap Ikea dishes. I should say inexpensive. These dishes has withstood a lot of abuse and we still have them today. They work, they are functional. 

I've always told myself I would get new dishes someday to go with my decor. I would love to have a beautifully decorated table where all our guests felt warm and welcome. People, the day has come - while I may not be able to afford them, a girl can dream (and maybe drool a little, too) - I have found a set that I absolutely ADORE.


Dayspring now has a line called the Life Collection. It's beautiful. Please, go check them out and drool with me. 

Here's the great thing - Kimba, over at a Soft Place to Land, has a give-a-way happening. It's a $50 gift certificate to DaySpring. Now, this would not get me the whole collection, but it would be a start. How about you? You want in? Just go visit Kimba, comment on her post about the give-a-way and your in! 

Cheers, 
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails