Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring Cleaning Day 1 & 2

simple-mom-spring-cleaning-party

Lets get this party started!

First things first. A confession. I didn't do a whole lot for day #1. Day #1 in the e-book, from Simple Mom, wanted you to go through each room of the house and toss any garbage; then quickly find things that should be in a sell/give box. Thinking large scale like that - just isn't my thing. So, I promised myself I would look for these items each day vs. all at once. Note: I DID pick up garbage. Yay me! 

Onward to today. Today was a very busy day! By busy I mean running around from here to there without a minute (hardly) to be home tidying my home. There was work at the church - off to Kailey's ballet class - called in to work again. **sigh** The kids and I left the house at 8:45, stopped in briefly to have lunch at about 1:30; zipped out the door again and weren't settled back home until 6PM. 

All that said, I never thought I'd get to this: 

 

However, after dinner - while my dear hubby entertained the children - I got down to business. I can't believe howmuch clutter I allow to invade our lives. It is INSANE! I tossed out a lot. I also simplified a lot of our flat surfaces. There was too much going on. Things are much more calm now. 

What do you think? Much better, huh? 


While I did do a lot of cleaning: wipping, vacuuming, dusting, etc. Tomorrow's focus is going to be really getting down to the nitty gritty of this room. Plus, there is a closet still that I haven't touched. I'm afraid there may be monsters in there....you never know. 

Wish me luck! 

Cheers, 
Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you! You're amazing! All of that even when you had a busy day! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Andrea! If only I had your motivation. :) I downloaded the doc but haven't followed along. Today I don't have any errands to run so I'll dig in, shine my sink, and work on the living room.

    Have a great day!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails